She’s Birdie envisions a world where women are safe. The company was founded by two sisters as they prepared to send five of their extended family's kids off to college. One in four women is assaulted during her undergraduate education. And one in five women in the US is raped in her lifetime. The sisters found these statistics not only horrifying but also personally heartbreaking...because it included one in five of their women, too.
For the company’s first product they created Birdie–The Original Personal Alarm For Women By Women.
Use this tool to stop a life altering tragedy. Listen to your gut. Watch out for your friends. Talk with your daughters, sisters and community about women's safety. Include boys and men in these conversations because we can’t have effective conversations about women’s safety with just women.
She’s Birdie empowers women with safety tools, education and community building. Join us and empower the women you love!
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- When threatened, activate Birdie's LOUD siren and flashing strobe-light to create a diversion and to help deter an attack. The alarm is as loud as a jet engine 100 feet overhead!
- Birdie’s modern design is easy-to-use. To activate, remove the top pin. To deactivate, replace it. The alarm can be used multiple times. Batteries are replaceable and last 40 continual minutes.
- Safety-First! Carry Birdie from day to night––around town, walking your dog, on the trails, across campus, to your car, in the parking lot, on public transportation, when traveling.
- Birdie empowers women in their everyday lives. It’s the perfect gift to share––with your sisters, daughters, mothers, friends, students, colleagues and elders in your community.
- Each Birdie alarm is hand-tested and built to last. 5% of She’s Birdie’s profits are donated to our partner organizations that passionately support women’s safety, shelter and health.